Saturday, November 26, 2011

Read an Excerpt

Read an Excerpt

connection By Monica G. Krek iUniverse, Inc. Copyright © 2011 Monica G. Krek All right reserved. ISBN: 978-1-4502-7522-4 Chapter One I stood there as still as a statue. My tangled blonde hair whipped across my face—slapping my pale skin. The town was just awakening as I stared past the morning fog, burning a hole into the pavement on the other side of the road. As I waited for the school bus to turn the corner onto Tree Comb Street, I couldn't help but think of how wrong this felt ... how wrong everything felt. It was my first day of school and my mother had already managed to "kindly offer" me a back-to-school outfit and then guilt-trip me into wearing it. She was my mother, after all. The ruffled white skirt was uncooperative in the wind and the unfamiliar "latest style" flats pinched my toes. Converse were more my type. My mother always complained that I was not a normal teenager, I was different. She always wanted me to look more...

No comments:

Post a Comment